at Thrumpton Hall, Nottingham
We have roaring log fires to welcome you into the traditionally decorated oak-panelled hall. Here, you can relax in style and enjoy a glass of mulled wine. Later, you may choose to feast on our delicious home-prepared seasonal menu either in the Hall's magnificent dining room or - overlooking floodlit gardens and an enchanting private lake - the Pavilion Marquee.
You can then choose to stay on in the traditional cosy luxury of the Hall with a background of seasonal music, or to dance the night away with our resident DJ on the Pavilion's starlit dance-floor.
We can cater for small groups (35+) and also for business and corporate events of up to 200 guests
“Historic stately home Thrumpton Hall is now one of the UK’s most sought after venues for corporate events, weddings and parties”Nottingham Post, 2016
Food and Drink
From small to large groups we offer the highest quality Christmas dinner experience. We offer various different packages to suit your taste and budget starting from £49 per person. Take a look at our menu below to see for yourself.
Our well stocked bar provides a wide selection of drinks including festive mulled wine at great prices.
If you have any queries about what we can offer please get in touch so we can help.
Christmas Menu 2016
– To Begin –
- Yellow split pea & ham soup, Cheddar cheese scone
- Cauliflower soup & Berkswell cheese straws (v)
- Coarse, pork & chestnut paté, toast & chutney
- John Ross smoked salmon, grainy mustard slaw & granary bread
- Baked Tunworth cheese, cranberry chutney & crusty bread (to share) (v)
- Pigeon & wild mushroom Wellington, creamed parsnips & Madeira jus
- Half pint “o prawn cocktail, Marie Rose sauce, brown bread & butter
- Potted Colston Basset Stilton, chutney, celery, apple & walnut bread toast (v)
– To Follow –
- Salmon & cod fishcakes, creamed leeks, peas & bacon
- Roast turkey, sage & onion stuffing & all the trimmings
- Roast pork belly, cider glazed sprouts, carrots & parsnips
- Chestnut, squash & apricot nut roast & Christmas trimmings
- Honey glazed duck breast, gratin potato & braised red cabbage
- Braised blade of beef, creamy mash, root vegetables & Winter kale
- Grilled sea bass sweet potato, braised tomatoes, fennel & butterbeans
- Creamy turkey, ham & mushroom pie, mash & buttered sprout tops
- Roast squash, cauliflower & lentil Cottage pie, cheesy crust & toasted seeds
– To Finish-
- Sticky toffee pudding, toffee sauce & Cornish clotted cream
- Award winning Christmas pudding & brandy sauce
- Bramley apple & sultana crumble, nutmeg custard
- White chocolate, cranberry & pistachio roulade, honeycomb
- Prune & Armagnac tart, extra thick cream
- Ginger cake & poached pineapple trifle, salted caramel nuts
- Colston Basset Stilton, pickled walnuts & Eccles cake
Paula Straw - Events Manager 07796 956556
Lynn Priestley - Assistant Manager 07702 015845